These transportation research reports were written and published by Metropolis Strategies (formerly Chicago Metropolis 2020), a Chicago-headquartered think tank established by the Commercial Club of Chicago to enhance the economic competitiveness of the region. Topics addressed in these reports include transit and freight.
Metropolis Strategies concluded operations in 2014. In 2014, Metropolis Strategies staff members Jim LaBelle and Sheena Frève joined the Urban Transportation Center, where they continue to conduct important Chicago transportation research.
- The Metropolis Plan: Choices for the Chicago Region (2001)
- The Metropolis Freight Plan: Delivering the Goods (2004)
- The Metropolis Freight Plan Technical Report (2004)
- Time is Money: The Economic Benefit of Transit Investment (2007)
- Regional Economic Benefits from CN’s Acquisition of the EJ&E (2008)
- Building Our Economy: Transportation for a New Illinois Executive Summary (2010)
- Building Our Economy: Transportation for a New Illinois (2010)