Faculty and affiliated researchers from the UTC often deliver presentations at transportation industry conferences and seminars. Here are some selected presentations. Please click on the appropriate link to download a pdf copy of the presentation or view an abstract.
Click on a link below for information on transportation industry conference presentations made by UTC faculty, affiliated faculty and student researchers from the Transportation Research Board 2016 Annual Meeting January 10-14.
- Young People’s Life Choices and Travel Behavior
- Intercity Passenger Rail Intermodal Interface Subcommittee
- Hybrid Agent-Based Computational Economics and Optimizations Approach for Supplier Selection Problem
- Location Choice Models of Urban Logistics Facilities and the Impact of Zoning on Their Spatial Distribution and Efficiency
- Social Networks, Crowdsources Data, and Activity-Travel Choices
- Long-Distance Trips and Mode Choice in Illinois
- Exploration of Geometric Complexity in Urban Road Networks
- Transportation and Environmental Justice: Technical Papers and Practices
- Comparative Traffic Performance Analysis of Urban Transportation Systems
- Evaluation of U.S. EPA MOVES Model Sensitivity to Ethanol Fuel Blends: Case Study in Cook County, Illinois
- Methodological Advances in Travel Behavior Research, Part 2
- Gendered Mobility: Reshaping the Geography of Workdays During Non-Workdays
- States Public Rail Transit Safety Oversight Policy: Lesson Learned
- Modeling Air Quality and Population Exposure Levels to PM Emissions from Motor Vehicles in Gold Coast Region, Chicago
- Metrics for Cargo-Oriented Development
- Implementation of Scheduling Conflict Resolution Model in ADAPTS: Activity-Based Model Using Linear Programming Approach
CATMUG Presentation October 8, 2015, by UTC affiliate research professor Dr. Bo Zou and researcher Ahmadreza Talebian on “Capacity Allocations in Vertically Integrated Rail Systems: A Sequential Bargaining Game Approach With Focus on the U.S. Context.”
Transportation Innovation Series. Download a video presentation August 19, 2015, by UTC Executive Director Steve Schlickman on “Transit Value Capture Coordination – Best Practices and Recommendations US DOT Office of Research, Development and Technology.“
Click on a link below for information on transportation industry conference presentations made by UTC faculty, affiliated faculty and student researchers from the Transportation Research Board 2015 Annual Meeting January 11-15.
- Capacity Allocation in Vertically Integrated Railway Systems: A Rubinstein Sequential Bargaining Game Approach
- Reducing Commuting-Related Environmental Impacts in the Healthcare Sector: An Exploratory Study
- Evaluating the State of Mobility Management and Human Service Transportation Coordination
- Proven Safety Advantages of Automated Guideway Transit Systems
- Transportation Networks, People, and Buildings: Characterization of Urban System Components
- Urban Freight Survey Sampling: Challenges and Strategies
Click on a link below for information on transportation industry conference presentations made by UTC faculty, affiliated faculty and student researchers from the Transportation Research Board 2014 Annual Meeting January 12-16.
- Vulnerability Assessments of Transport Infrastructure Through Modeling of Risk Interconnectivity
- Choice Set Imputation: Two-Step Weighted Stratified and Hazard-Based Approach
- Analysis of Factors Affecting Truck Parking Violation Frequency in Urban Areas
- Nonmotorist Safety Attitudes and Revealed Behavior at Rail Grade Crossings
- GPS and Driver Log-Based Survey of Grocery Trucks in Chicago
- Shipping Chain Choices in Long-Distance Supply Chains: Descriptive Analysis & Decision Tree Mode
- Planning and Forecasting, Safety and Human Factors, Society
Steve Schlickman Speaks at Hay Seminar
As a guest speaker during the Hay Seminar presentation held by Railtec at the University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign, Steve delivered a presentation on: “An Overview of the Funding and Finance of Transportation Projects.” Listen to the March 14 presentation and view Steve’s slide presentation.
Paul Metaxatos Delivers Safety Presentation at 2014 GLXS
Dr. Paul Metaxatos shared insight on “Perceptions and Behavior of Non-Motorist Users at Public Railway Grade Crossings in NE Illinois: Implications for Engineering, Education, Enforcement and Evaluation (USA)” at the 2014 GLXS conference in August. Learn more and download Paul’s presentation.